Ray Harryhausen - Master of the Majicks
Special DeLuxe Limited Edition Boxed Set of
Volumes 1, 2, and 3
Revised and updated with over 700 new or upgraded photos,
new information and interview material, and corrections and fixes.
This is a Pre-Order - Production is being
Each volume available individually, or all three volumes available as a Boxed Set with slipcase.
Slipcase and PDF document of all updated information and new photos available for separate purchase as well.
Review our previous Newsletter update here:
Here are some of the highlights of the revised editions.
Scroll down for some layout previews.
- Many brand new and exclusive photos of Ray’s models and props, including many provided by official photographer Mark Mawston with the cooperation of The Ray and Diana Harryhausen Foundation;
- New photos in the Willis O’Brien/King Kong section, including many new images from The Lost World (featuring a special gallery of original live action scenes);
- Images of Willis O’Brien accepting his Academy Award for Mighty Joe Young, including a complete transcript of that portion of the ceremony;
- Gallery of stock footage images (and their sources) from The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, including the “Bagdad” matte painting and Sinbad’s ship at sea;
- A gallery of images of those actors who appeared in two Harryhausen movies (more than you think);
- Les Bowie’s team filming Cavour’s sphere from First Men “In” the Moon;
- Behind the scenes photos film The Guns of Navarone in the tank on Stage H at Shepperton Studios illustrating the setting for the balloon sequence in Mysterious Island;
- Color on-set photos at Pinewood during the filming of One Million Years B.C.
- Script pages of scenes deleted from Mysterious Island;
- Many new images of various posters and advertising material from Ray’s films.
- Additional interview material with Jenny Holt, assistant editor on Jason and the Argonauts;
- Interview with actor Kurt Christian who played Haroun in Golden Voyage of Sinbad and Rafi in Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger;
- Interview with actor Damian Thomas who played Prince Kassim in Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger;
- Interview with Dawn Heath, Ray Harryhausen’s assistant on Clash of the Titans;
- An article on the custom device built to distort the Grand Lunar’s voice in First Men “In” the Moon;
- An extensive gallery of dinosaur and animal sculptures by Arthur Hayward, one of Ray’s principal sculptors;
- Animation log sheets from Mighty Joe Young detailing which animator did which shot on a given day;
- Added identification of many of the people seen in still photos, previously unknown.
- Added color;
- Many photos upgraded to better-quality images;
- Revised layouts and design to present the material in the best possible way.
Below are some sample layouts. Some of the content will look familiar (from the first edition),
but virtually all of the layouts have new material and/or upgraded graphic design.
(Click on a thumbnail for a larger view, then use the arrows at the bottom right of the large image to navigate.)